none
Compatibility with 2011 Version RRS feed

• Question

• I previously had a much older version of Streets and Trips and created some documents in that program.  Now I installed 2011 version and when I try to open the documents it states that "this file was created with an older version of the map which is no longer supported.  Please consult the help documentation for further details."  I cannot find anything in Help, did anyone have the same problem?  What can be done - I really need to open those documents.

Thank you.

Thursday, September 1, 2011 6:35 PM

All replies

• To some extent, it depends on how old your files are.  It seems that Microsoft will provide for conversions for older files a couple of versions back.  I would not expect S&T 2011 to be able to cope with some thing created before 2007, but perhaps not even those from 2007.  The only thing I can suggest is trying to get a hold of older versions such as 2008.  I see some on Ebay. 

A no-cost strategy to avoid this problem in the future is to download the free 60-day trial versions that MSFT offers with each new version and run your old files through the app to get them updated. 

• Proposed as answer by Philip K1 Friday, September 2, 2011 1:39 AM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 1:39 AM
  • Thank you; mine are before 2007 so I guess that might be a useless task.  Thank you for your feedback!

Friday, September 2, 2011 3:14 AM