CRM Config Log Placement RRS feed

• Question

• I am running CRM 4.0 Update 6 and have moved my database and log file to another drive and got better performance from the database/server.  For whatever reason I left the _config log file on the c drive but the _config .mdf file is on aonther seperate physical disk.  Everything is working fine but my C drive disk utilization is at 100% almost all day, everyday.  I have narrowed down the culprit to be "Successful CRMService Requests", Successful InProcess CrmService Requests", "total CrmService Requests", Total MetadataService Requests", and some others.  I am wondering if moving my _config.ldf file will help.  Does the performance counters mentioned touch the _config?  My goal is to bring my C drive utilization back to normal.  I am running RAID 1 on the C drive and RAID 5 on the others.

Thanks in Advance
    Len
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:12 PM

Answers

• I suspect that the config database is not your problem.  The config database is very small and really only serves the purpose of tying your crm environment to its database, report server, etc.

Things you should look at is running system jobs, other SQL stuff.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:44 PM

All replies

• Is your database on your crm server?
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 6:50 PM
  • Yes

Thanks
    Len
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:23 PM
  • I suspect that the config database is not your problem.  The config database is very small and really only serves the purpose of tying your crm environment to its database, report server, etc.

Things you should look at is running system jobs, other SQL stuff.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:44 PM
  • Great! Thanks

Len
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:58 PM