locked
100% CPU Time RRS feed

  • Question

  • I installed Dynamics CRM 2011 on a virtual SBS (hyper-v). Looking at the resource monitor my cpu time is 100% even if there is no access to CRM. Looking at the task they add up to max 25% with Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.exe using about half of that. So here are my questions:

    * Where are the 75% being used up?
    * Why is the email agent using about 15% if nothing is being done?

    Thanks in advance.

    Monday, April 30, 2012 9:53 PM

All replies

  • hi hfaun,

    Can i ask how much memory have you allocated to your virtual  hyper-v  ?

    and what is the overal all memory of that  machine ?

    -dkay

    Monday, April 30, 2012 10:40 PM
  • I have allocated 10GB for the virtual machine. According to the Task Manager under the Performance tab about 7,400MB are free. The green meter shows 2.1GB used. Processor is 1 Virtual processor. I am not quite sure if I should allocate more virtual processors (the host's task manager shows 16 cores, the host has 2 processors). However, even with 1 virtual processors it should still not consume 100% cpu time when nobody is accessing this virtual server.

    Tuesday, May 1, 2012 3:36 AM
  • Hello Hfaun:

    It is taking that much memory because of CRM 2011 inbuilt feature.In CRM 2011, all the user's primary e-mail address has to be verified by the admin otherwise the mails related to them will remain in pending state. And if some mails are in pending state then CRM always try resending them and every time they fail.

    Try approving e-mail addresses of all users and cancel all the pending e-mails. Also check if there is any system job that has wait time or timeout .


    Saurabh Gupta, MS CRM 2011 Software Development Engineer

    Tuesday, May 1, 2012 7:41 PM
  • I did have all email addresses approved. I also checked the systems jobs and only had a couple "Reprovisioning Job for 1033" failures but the were from 2 and 3 days ago. I finally stopped the Microsoft CRM Email Router service which did bring down the CPU time a lot. I can't believe that the email router will eat up all cpu resources. Anyways, there is some issue with the email but I can't figure out what it is.

    On another note, I see some high memory hard faults when accessing the system. They can jump up to 200 and then fall again. I see w3wp using a lot of memory (0.5GB) as well as sqlservr (0.5GB), mmc (0.2GB) and reportingservicesservice (0.16GB). On the other hand, I have 10GB and the total memory used is only 20%. When I started the server it did increase up to 10GB but then later dropped again (page file in task manager shows 2900M/21000M). I am not sure if SQL is to blame.

    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:45 AM