Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. RRS feed

• Question

• Just loaded VS2010 after using 2005 for a long time.  First the intellisence was not working. Somehow that fixed itself.  Now I am getting the error on the subject line above.  Originally I had used older versions of Ajax but I update them.  The files and dlls are in my Bin directory. But I cannot drag any ajax tools from the tool box without getting this error message.  

I upload files directly to my sites.  I did a build recently thinking that this might change the assembly.  There may be some problems there.  My hosting server has not been able to find the problem and microsoft believes the problem is on the server and can not do anything without get access to the server's box.

Any suggestions

Ed Neuwirth

Friday, April 20, 2012 10:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Ed Neuwirth,

Remove Old Ajax Toolkit Reference from your Project after that add New Toolkit Reference in your Project.

after that recompile your project.

for more detail you can post your Project in below forum.

http://forums.asp.net/

http://forums.asp.net/1022.aspx

Regards,

Vanya

• Marked as answer by Edeard Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:39 PM
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 6:34 AM
  • Vanya,

Thanks for the reply.  You're the only one I got.

When my hosting server could not solve this problem, they moved me to a temp site on a server using IIs7.  I finally got everything to work but I had to copy the bin and the config file produced by dragging the ajax control to the page and put them in the temp site testwebsitetest.com.  I do not understand why I would need two bins and two configs.  As I dragged other control onto the page some had cc1 as the tag prefix others had asp.

Finally I remove all the bin directories and config files and started over.  Now I can not find the temp website with the www.testwebsitetest.com address. 

I do not feel that the old Ajax toolkit is a problem.  The controls in the tool box are all new.  At any case I do not know how to "Remove ... the Reference" as you suggested. 

Any other ideas?  Microsoft insists that this is a server problem, but my hosting company can not explain what is going on.

Thanks for your help

Eddie

Edward

Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Ed Neuwirth,

Remove Old Ajax Toolkit Reference from your Project after that add New Toolkit Reference in your Project.

after that recompile your project.

for more detail you can post your Project in below forum.

http://forums.asp.net/

http://forums.asp.net/1022.aspx

Regards,

Vanya

Saturday, April 21, 2012 6:34 AM
  • Vanya,

Thanks for the reply.  You're the only one I got.

When my hosting server could not solve this problem, they moved me to a temp site on a server using IIs7.  I finally got everything to work but I had to copy the bin and the config file produced by dragging the ajax control to the page and put them in the temp site testwebsitetest.com.  I do not understand why I would need two bins and two configs.  As I dragged other control onto the page some had cc1 as the tag prefix others had asp.

Finally I remove all the bin directories and config files and started over.  Now I can not find the temp website with the www.testwebsitetest.com address. 

I do not feel that the old Ajax toolkit is a problem.  The controls in the tool box are all new.  At any case I do not know how to "Remove ... the Reference" as you suggested. 

Any other ideas?  Microsoft insists that this is a server problem, but my hosting company can not explain what is going on.

Thanks for your help

Eddie

Edward

Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:02 PM