none
Internal Exception Happened when deal with Run: The Username and Password is incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving this error when trying to run any Diagnostic onto any of my nodes. I am using Domain credentials that have administrator rights on HPC Server and local nodes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  This is windows 2012 R2 Update 3.

Thank You,

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:34 PM

All replies

• Hi TheDuce2,

Can you help to answer the following questions?

1. Can you submit job with this credential?

2. Are you using disjoint namespace, see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731125(v=ws.10).aspx, currently the diagnostics service has trouble in some disjoint namespace scenario.

Thanks,

Sunbin

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:36 AM
  • Sunbin,

Thanks for the reply, 

I can submit jobs with the credential, now granted they fail.  I am receiving errors testing Lizard, like lizard has detected a problem with the scheduler and/or Linpack Jobs and cannot proceed, or running through the express mode, It does not find any of my nodes.

On the Manager side, I can take nodes on and off line, give associate a node template with no problem.  However, I cannot shutdown, run command, or anything else on any of the connected nodes. 

I don't think my organization has disjointed Namespaces.  I do not control the AD structure.  This is a windows server, attached to the organizational domain.  I am not allowed to attach a domain controller.  I do have access to my own OU where my nodes, and security structure is located.

I hope this helps,  I am about to wipe the server and start over.

Thanks for your help,

Jason

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:11 PM
  • I am also receiving Error in Microsoft-HPC-Scheduler/Operational

Source Scheduler

Event id 6

[RC] property not found location, name, guid

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:12 PM
  • I am able to run Commands in resource management on each of the connected nodes.  I am unable to reboot or shut them down. 

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 7:06 PM
  • Maybe the cached credential is incorrect, please click "Diagnostics", and in the Options menu, click "Clear Diagnostic Test Credentials", And click "Job Management", do the similar steps.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 4:01 AM
  • Sunbin,

I just tried that and I still receive the error.  This is seriously frustrating.  It should not be this difficult. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Jason

Thursday, April 7, 2016 1:55 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Looks like there is environment configuration issue. As you can't run command on selected node which tells me the system failed to do domain authentication for the provided credential.

Could you try to submit a job from the job manager and share the log with us through hpcpack@microsoft.com?

JobManager log is here: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Hpc\LogFiles\JobManager

Scheduler log is here: %CCP_DATA%LogFiles\Scheduler

And pack the latest two bin file which should include the latest logs. (Sort by name descending, pick the top two).

Qiufang Shi

Friday, April 8, 2016 1:19 AM