Portal Development for CRM 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am following the steps given for portal development in the following blog, it works fine for Lead entity.

http://www.fmtconsultants.com/2013/11/step-by-step-guide-to-portal-development-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm/

i have changed it for case entity, everything works fine like loading the form with the right fields, displaying records in the grid, but when i submit a new case, it is not getting created in CRM.

I have added only 2 fields for Case entity, Title and Discription but as the Customer Id is mandatory for case record to be created, but lookup is not supported by CrmEntityFormView control, i tried to set it in the CrmEntityFormView1_ItemInserting event which was throwing an error saying, lookup is not supported.

Then i have decided to use pre-plugin to set the customer id(hard coded for test) before the case is created. If i create the case from CRM UI, case is created with the right customer that i have hard coded in the plug-in, but same thing is not working from the portal page.

Anybody had success creating a portal page for submitting cases, would be great if you can share your ideas, thanks.

Regards Jeevan Please vote for me if you find the answer is useful.

Thursday, October 22, 2015 12:11 PM

All replies