Error Message when Viewing Email Activities "My Received Emails" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Users get an error message saying "an error has occured" when loading activities.
    we are using the following filters:
    Due: ALL
    Type: Email
    View: My Received Emails
    Does someone have the same problem? Any idea as to what the problem could be?
    We are using CRM4 and the Outlook Client for Activities View.

Thanks
    Elodie

Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:02 PM

Answers

• Not sure what the error message is but you can try turning Dev errors on, recreate the error and see if you receive a more descriptive message.  You could also check the event viewer on the CRM server and you could try running a SQL trace to see where things are failing.
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:38 PM

All replies

• Apparently it's a code error in the form onload event, please check the code.

Jim Wang - MVP Dynamics CRM - http://jianwang.blogspot.com, http://www.mscrm.cn
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:11 PM
  • Hi Jim, Thanks for the prompt answer. I am not sure which form you are talking about.
    Users are clicking on the Workplace Folder on the left hand side of their Outlook. They then pick My Work and then Activities. They then change the type to "Email" and then it defaults to "My received Emails" and bring up the error message. If you select another View, it works fine. Therefore, I am confused as to which form you refer to, I would have thought this was a view.
    Can you please develop your answer further?
    Thanks a lot!
    Elodie
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:21 PM
  • Hi Elodie,

I'll assume the View fails for all your users.

A couple of things you can check:

Ensure there are no customizations running against the grid display for My Received Emails
    Ensure there are no customizations made to the E-mail entity view My Received Emails under Customizations, E-mail Entity

It sounds to me like some unsupported changes might have been made to one or both of the above.

Monday, March 8, 2010 5:36 PM
  • Hi Donna,
    Thanks for your answer.
    Customization is what I have been checking for the last few days... with no success. I am still going through the list of customization made so I will let you know if I find The One!
    Thanks
    Elodie
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 9:14 AM
  • Not sure what the error message is but you can try turning Dev errors on, recreate the error and see if you receive a more descriptive message.  You could also check the event viewer on the CRM server and you could try running a SQL trace to see where things are failing.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:38 PM