Communicator Mobile 2007 version 2.0.387 cannot make calls RRS feed

• Question

• Error message: "USER cannot accept this type of call"

To be more specific, it's SIP calls we want to make to/from internal users. No mediation server is installed, PBX connectivity is not required. External/internal calling through Office Communicator 2007 clients works fine!

From what I've read in these forums, this version does not support calling...

Where can I find the latest version and is there anything else I must do to enable calling between Mobile Clients ???

Thanks in advance!!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:24 PM

Answers

• Andreas,

That version you already have (2.0.387.0) is the latest client.  The next version won't be released until the R2 product is delivered Q1 of 2009.  Currently the Communicator Mobile client does not support 'Communicator Calls' between itself and other SIP end-points.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:09 PM

All replies

• Andreas,

That version you already have (2.0.387.0) is the latest client.  The next version won't be released until the R2 product is delivered Q1 of 2009.  Currently the Communicator Mobile client does not support 'Communicator Calls' between itself and other SIP end-points.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:09 PM
  •  

Thanks for the reply Jeff !!

Is it likely to be supported with the next release?

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:14 PM
  • [post remove - posted in wrong thread]

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:34 PM
  •  

I see.... I wasn't really talking about MSN, Yahoo or AOL. All we want is to be able to have internal/external SIP audio communication between Communicator Mobile 2007 clients  and Office Communicator 2007 clients in our own OCS 2007 SIP domain.
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:41 AM
  • Oops, that last post was meant for another thread.  Disregard.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 12:08 PM
  • lol !!! No worries!

So, is external/internal calling to/from Communicator Mobile clients (within the same organisational SIP domain) likely to be supported in a future release? Have you or anybody else heard/read anything relevant???

Thursday, October 16, 2008 2:54 PM
  • The feature is not yet available in the upcoming R2 release of OCS, and not information has been released regarding it's possible inclusion in the next product wave.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:05 PM
  •  

Right, not exactly what I hoped for but it's nice to know where I stand with this.

Thanks very much for the info Jeff, ! appreciate it!!

Thursday, October 16, 2008 4:58 PM