CRM 2013: Updating a Entity form from WFA plugin RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a dll (build with C# code) and registered it through  the plugin registration tool on to my CRM.

I am  using this plugin (dll) as the first step of an Work Flow (Process) for "on create". The plugin is getting value for one of the fields (attributes) from another system - which is working fine. Because I can see the field populated when I hit refresh on the page. But I was wondering if there is a way where I can refresh the whole entity form right from the dll (C# code) or from the work flow - so that, the user does not have to hit refresh.

Thanks

Hasib

Hasibur Rahman

Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:49 PM

Answers

• I would take a look at Xrm.Page.data.refresh().  It sounds like just what you are trying to do.  I'm not entirely clear if you are using a plugin or a custom workflow activity, but another option is to run the workflow as synchronous and then the user will see any updates your workflow makes without needing to refresh (easy).

If this answer was helpful, please mark as answered.

Friday, April 24, 2015 1:26 AM
  • Hi,

Write custom workflow activity for the custom code and write synchronous workflow for this. So refresh will not be needed.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Minal Dahiya Friday, April 24, 2015 11:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hasibur Rahman Friday, April 24, 2015 2:53 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 10:31 AM
  • Thanks - that helped

Hasibur Rahman

• Marked as answer by Hasibur Rahman Wednesday, March 23, 2016 4:12 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 4:12 PM

All replies

• I would take a look at Xrm.Page.data.refresh().  It sounds like just what you are trying to do.  I'm not entirely clear if you are using a plugin or a custom workflow activity, but another option is to run the workflow as synchronous and then the user will see any updates your workflow makes without needing to refresh (easy).

If this answer was helpful, please mark as answered.

Friday, April 24, 2015 1:26 AM
  • Hi,

Write custom workflow activity for the custom code and write synchronous workflow for this. So refresh will not be needed.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Minal Dahiya Friday, April 24, 2015 11:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hasibur Rahman Friday, April 24, 2015 2:53 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 10:31 AM
  • Thanks - that helped

Hasibur Rahman

• Marked as answer by Hasibur Rahman Wednesday, March 23, 2016 4:12 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 4:12 PM