Creating a Service Activity without Scheduled End RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, so I have a project that will prompt users to enter information into a custom form in order to create Service Activities.  However, I don't have time to implement an identical behavior to the standard CRM Service Activity form when it comes to the relationships between the Scheduled End and Scheduled Duration fields (these fields will automatically update each other when either value is changed, on the standard CRM form).

I don't have a lot of time for testing, so I hope somebody in the community can respond with some experience:

Can I submit a Service Activity instance through the Create message with just a Scheduled Start and a Scheduled Duration, and trust CRM to automatically calculate (and save) the Scheduled End for me?
    Dave Berry
    Friday, January 22, 2010 1:33 AM

Answers

• Well, I've done the testing, and both "scheduledstart" and "scheduledend" are required for Create, whereas "scheduleddurationminutes" is not.  The system will automatically calculate the difference between the start and end to establish the duration.
    Dave Berry
    Monday, January 25, 2010 9:37 PM