Windows Update fails albeit BITS is started? RRS feed

• Question

• Followed help for Error number: 0x8007043B and got success confirmations for regsvr32 for following dll:  wuapi, wups, wuaueng, wucltui, msxml3, atl and did the net.exe start wuauserv and the services.msc and BITS is started on automatic!!

Got error 1083 and following troubleshooting advice to regsvr32 %windir%\system32\qmgr.dll and also for qmgrprxy.dll.

BITS is still running but Update page gives me same error after Thinkpad restarts with XP SP2 Professional. Same screen: 

Whatelse can I try? This is a reinstall of XP.Are some drivers missing? How do I get an update of drivers if I can't connect to update.microsoft.com?

Perplexed Microsoft Registered Partner VAR

[Error number: 0x8007043B]

See which updates failed to install The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

For self-help options:

For assisted support options:

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x8007043B) yourself.

Friday, April 6, 2007 6:58 PM

Answers

• Dave S,

You have mistakenly posted your issue in the Windows Genuine Advantange forum.

Please follow the links in your post to post your issue in the Windows Update forum or submit a free tech support request for Windows Update problems.

Good Luck!

Friday, April 6, 2007 7:35 PM