none
Wrong Answer to Thread RRS feed

• Question

• I recently answered a Question, in spite of my advice the OP marked his own reply as the Answer. I am not saying that I should get the 'Answered' status, just wondering if the OP marks his/her own thread as Answered, which is not correct, what is the point of trying to help out?

How can other users report (or) propose that its the wrong answer?

Happy to help ! Please mark threads as 'Answered', if it did answer your question. Or 'Vote Up' if you found it useful. Thanks !

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:49 PM

Answers

• I voted both of your posts. Looks like OP in this case didn't want to go with programmatic solution and just went his frustration. I think in this case he was not supposed to mark your response since he didn't use it.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:06 PM

All replies

• Can you post the exact sample? 

There used to be a sticky thread to correct such cases but it is no longer a sticky (probably expired).

One possibility is to have a contact with moderator in that forum and let him/her know to correct such situation.

I see such problems myself although not as often as it used to be. If I come across such a problem in a forum I moderate, I normally correct it.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:12 PM
  • Thank you so much for replying.

This is the thread : http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0e30ddd9-2eb0-4ab0-8bab-6b98d3e1c413/validation-rule-message?forum=accessdev

Happy to help ! When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answered

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:38 PM
  • I voted both of your posts. Looks like OP in this case didn't want to go with programmatic solution and just went his frustration. I think in this case he was not supposed to mark your response since he didn't use it.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:06 PM
  • Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. I appreciate the help !

Happy to help ! When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answered

Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:49 AM