Outlook add-in configuration RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi!

I have installed OCS 2007 on my server plus Office Communicator, Live Meeting client and the Outlook add-in on Outlook 2000 on a couple of computers. Everything in a particular network not connected to Internet.

I have also installed the Live Meeting Service Portal Administrator.

While configuring the user preferences in the Outlook add-in I can't figure out the URL address that is required. I tried with the address of my live meeting portal: https://<server>:<port>/Conf/Int/ , but it is not able to stablish a connection when I click on Try connection.

Anyone can give me advice? Thanks a lot!

Thursday, November 8, 2007 10:54 AM

All replies

• The Live Meeting Service Portal can only be used for the hosted Live Meeting Service provided by Microsoft.  It does not work (and is not needed) for OCS web conferencing.

Assuming that your OCS environment is configured properly (certificates, DNS records, etc.), the only info you need in the Outlook Add-in is the sign-in address in the top field.  You can leave the rest of the configuration empty.

Friday, November 9, 2007 11:11 AM
  •  

Hi Mike!

I have a problem with that... I don't know which is the sign-in address that I should write

I have tried with several but they just don't work. Does it have to match the address in Live Meeting 2007 URL?? (in Web Components Properties of the OCS2007 console).

In my case I can access the conferences by the web browser in https://<FQDNserver>/Conf/Int/Default.aspx but if I type this address in the user preferences of the Outlook Add-in the 'try connection' procedure fails.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Carlos

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:24 PM
  • Sorry for the delayed response.  The address in the Live Meeting configuration should be the same as what you're using to sign into Communicator - user@domain.com.

Mike

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 5:14 PM