Updated to 2.0 - then a new update crashes OneCare. RRS feed

• Question

•  

My OneCare updated to version 2.0 a few weeks ago. Everything is working great and then I get a second update tonight. Well this update won't install and now OneCare is in red status with everything disabled.

I tried all the Fix It solutions in the help center. What else can I try?

Friday, February 1, 2008 1:48 AM

Answers

•  

I did a complete uninstall and used the OneCare clean-up tool. Support sent me a .exe file for OneCare 2.0. I installed it and everything is working now. However, I am wondering if the update will download again and crash my OneCare....

Saturday, February 2, 2008 2:55 PM

All replies

• Friday, February 1, 2008 2:14 AM
  • If that tool doesn't resolve it, please create the support data zip file per the instruction here - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2512403&SiteID=2

and attach it to an email, sending it to wloc@live.com - Subject line of "OneCare 1/31 Update Failure" and this URL in the message body - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2776633&SiteID=2

And, please also contact support for help with the problem if the tool does not resolve it.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Friday, February 1, 2008 2:19 AM
  •  

I did a complete uninstall and used the OneCare clean-up tool. Support sent me a .exe file for OneCare 2.0. I installed it and everything is working now. However, I am wondering if the update will download again and crash my OneCare....

Saturday, February 2, 2008 2:55 PM
  • If you reinstalled OneCare, it is now at the latest version.

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 1:03 PM
  • That's not true Steve. OneCare automatically downloaded and installed a minor update on Saturday, and after the update which was version 2.0.2500.44, was installed, it lost the connection to the update server. It did not redownload version 2.0.2500.44, after I was forced to reinstall the program to get everthing straightened out. I have no way of getting version 2.0.2500.44 back, and as of yet, I have yet to see the major revision sent out to me.

I'm not very happy, that I can't get redownload that minor revision, that had been uploaded to me from the update server.

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:11 PM
  •  Nightowl224 wrote:

That's not true Steve. OneCare automatically downloaded and installed a minor update on Saturday, and after the update which was version 2.0.2500.44, was installed, it lost the connection to the update server. It did not redownload version 2.0.2500.44, after I was forced to reinstall the program to get everthing straightened out. I have no way of getting version 2.0.2500.44 back, and as of yet, I have yet to see the major revision sent out to me.

I'm not very happy, that I can't get redownload that minor revision, that had been uploaded to me from the update server.

There is no .44 build, Nightowl. I don't know what you saw, but the previous release was .14 and the 1/31 release is .22

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:40 PM
  • Don't lie to me, I know what I saw Saturday night and it clearly showed 2.0.2500.44 after the update, and by the way I had the .22 build before Janauary 31ST, for some reason.

Monday, February 4, 2008 5:40 PM
  •  Nightowl224 wrote:

Don't lie to me, I know what I saw Saturday night and it clearly showed 2.0.2500.44 after the update, and by the way I had the .22 build before Janauary 31ST, for some reason.

I have no reason to lie to you.

I don't know what you saw, but the latest version of OneCare is most certainly 2.0.2500.22

The update was not staged to production until the late in the day on January 31st. It was released to private beta earlier for testing purposes.

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 7:57 PM