none
Cyclic Redundancy Check error on a few files in my WHS shared folders RRS feed

• Question

• These have been hanging around on the server for a year now, and I am finally tired of seeing the error warnings in my WHS notification information.

one mp3 file and a few bmp artwork files from a program all in the shared folders of the WHS.  The corrupt files were moved over during the initial install and now I cannot get rid of them.

I have attempted the following:

in OS file unlocker to try and delete: fail

Boot to safe mode, switch to directory, delete file: fail

Boot to Safe Mode Command Prompt (not allowed to switch to 'D:\' in command window), most likely due to how the WHS handles the volume set and file system?: fail

any suggestions for how i can get to these files on a low level and get them removed?

thanks in advance for any direction

-Andrew

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:31 PM

All replies

• chkdsk plus the WHScleanup tool generally does the trick
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:58 PM
  • Outstanding, I will look into that.

since this WHS has been 'set it and forget it' for so long, is the WHScleanup tool a widget? or is it built into the vanilla install?

thank you again.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 11:49 PM
  • Outstanding, I will look into that.

since this WHS has been 'set it and forget it' for so long, is the WHScleanup tool a widget? or is it built into the vanilla install?

thank you again.

It's an app written by another WHS user.  Using it is unsupported of course, but if you want to try it, here is the link.
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:51 AM
  • I have the same problem with crc error on a few files I need to delete.

I have first tried to run chkdisk and also the WHSCleanUpTool.  But the delete command from WHSCleanUpTools also just get the crc error...

Error:  Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:50 PM