Table Column Width not uniform. (help!) Word RRS feed

• Question

• I have inherited a document, which has a table, and when I look at the representation of the column widths on the Document ruler, all of the column "separators" (the grey vertical bars with hash-grids on them) are of even width, except for two. It just so happens that the column defined by the "separators" in question has very ornery, and peculiar properties (I can't get the contents of the column to snap to a decimal tab), and I suspect the peculiar nature of this unruly column is due to the unusually large column separators on the document ruler. Does anyone know anything about this issue? (Including how to adjust the column "separators?") This is not a VBA issue, so apologies in advance. Many thanks!

DragonForest

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Friday, April 27, 2012 8:27 AM not developer-related (From:Word for Developers)
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 12:27 PM

Answers

• It turns out the problem had to do with the "Cell Margins" setting for one particular cell in the table! . . . 

DragonForest

• Proposed as answer by JosephFox Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cindy Meister MVP Friday, April 27, 2012 8:25 AM
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 1:37 PM

All replies

• It turns out the problem had to do with the "Cell Margins" setting for one particular cell in the table! . . . 

DragonForest

• Proposed as answer by JosephFox Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cindy Meister MVP Friday, April 27, 2012 8:25 AM
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 1:37 PM
  • Hi Dragon Forest

I'm glad you tracked down the problem. For the future, please note that non-programming issues should be submitted to the forums on the Answers site:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

You'll find many more people there who work at the end-user level than you'll find in the MSDN forums :-)

I'm going to move this disucssion to "Off-Topic".

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP

Friday, April 27, 2012 8:27 AM