relationship scenario? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, my CRM installation had a 1:N relationship for incident:incident to represent a parent-child relationship.  I recently added a new 1:N relationship for incident:incident to represent a duplicate relationship.

Children and duplicates are added as expected.  However, now when I add a child, it automatically adds that child as a duplicate.  The duplicate is viewable when clicking on the Duplicates left nav item.  Obviously this is an error because in this scenario I only want to add a child and I have no desire to make the child a duplicate.

The problem is that CRM applies the same mapping for all relationships created between the same entities.  So because I have 2 different relationships defined for 1:N incident:incident CRM applies the same mappings for both relationships.

So does CRM support the scenario I'm describing? It seems like it should but based on my current implementation it does not appear to.  It seems like the scenario I'm describing or something similar to it would not be an uncommon business requirement?
    Saturday, March 22, 2014 7:53 AM