I am still at 1.6.2111.30 - No automated update to 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• My Onecare has not auto updatee. My virus updates seem to work fine and when I select Update Now, I get the message that everything is up to date. Should I continue to patiently wait? Being on a slow modem, I do not like to do full installs anymore than I have to.

thanks

Mike

Monday, February 11, 2008 5:35 AM

Answers

• If the signatures are updating, then I'd go ahead and wait for a bit longer. I know that there are still people at 1.6, but don't know why they aren't updating yet. It is possible that you are slowly trickling down the update files at this point.

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 1:00 PM

All replies

• If the signatures are updating, then I'd go ahead and wait for a bit longer. I know that there are still people at 1.6, but don't know why they aren't updating yet. It is possible that you are slowly trickling down the update files at this point.

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 1:00 PM
  • Thanks.

Monday, February 11, 2008 2:54 PM
  • You're welcome, Mike. I am going to ask the OneCare team to advise why some 1.6 clients are not yet updated. I know that some 1.5 clients still exist due to a problem on the PC where it is installed and the only way to resolve that would be with a reinstall.

I guess one other thought at this point is that the 2.0 upgrade is pretty much a full install, so reinstalling isn't much worse than the upgrade except that you need to initiate the install after the reinstall and need to activate and reconfigure OneCare after the reinstall.

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 3:42 PM