What size will be the filesync.metadata if I sync 200Go? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I tried the sync framwork in order to make a backup utility.

I want to upload new files and changes to a backup location.

I did some testing on dumies files and it's realy working greate!

But I m a bit woried about the size of the filesync.metadata file if y want to sync 200Go! In my case it represent 20000 files.

Does some one have tried?

Thank you

Sunday, February 24, 2008 1:20 PM

Answers

• Have you tried SyncToy 2.0 Beta?  This product uses the Sync Framework to synchronize large numbers of files and I know that many users sync well over 20,000 files.  Granted there seems to be an issue we need to work out in SyncToy that is causing thngs to go a little slow when there are approximately this many files (which we will look at this week), but so far no one has been concerned about the size of the metadata store. 

Liam

Monday, February 25, 2008 5:22 PM

All replies

• Have you tried SyncToy 2.0 Beta?  This product uses the Sync Framework to synchronize large numbers of files and I know that many users sync well over 20,000 files.  Granted there seems to be an issue we need to work out in SyncToy that is causing thngs to go a little slow when there are approximately this many files (which we will look at this week), but so far no one has been concerned about the size of the metadata store. 

Liam

Monday, February 25, 2008 5:22 PM
  •  

Hello,

Thank you for the advise,

I tried synctoy and it seems pretty good to handle 200Go and more, I haven't noticed any issue with the size of the metadata yet and I m pretty happy with the tool.

Thank you

Monday, March 10, 2008 3:35 PM