Newbie stupid question - where PP1 software? RRS feed

• Question

•  

HI,

Have just bought scaleo server, so I'm new to all this.

My question: Although the PP1 documentation is released, when I do an download update on my admin consule (I have checked all tick boxes as documentation graphics) there are no updates to be had.

Now I've gone to the connect site, and can only download the PP1 documentation and the RTM software.

My installed resouces version is : 6.0.1500.6.

Is the PP1 software not released yet? or is there another place to download it, or do I just wait until its released (which I'm not clear on)

Thanks

Stacey

Thursday, June 5, 2008 12:24 PM

Answers

• Not released yet. A public beta for connect registered users is coming "soon". A real released PP1 is coming, well, "when it's ready".
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 2:26 PM
  • Stacey, Power Pack 1 Beta will not be available via Windows Update. That will occur only with the PP1 final release. You will have to follow the instructions in the documentation to download and install it on your server if you want to test the beta. An announcement will be made when the beta is ready to be downloaded.
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 3:13 PM
  • Also, don't forget this is a beta, so even though it's been through quite a lot of testing, there is a (smallish) chance that it could cause problems with your data. So, unless you feel that you're willing to accept the risk, don't install the Beta, wait for the final release.

Colin

Thursday, June 5, 2008 5:09 PM

All replies

• Not released yet. A public beta for connect registered users is coming "soon". A real released PP1 is coming, well, "when it's ready".
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 2:26 PM
  • Stacey, Power Pack 1 Beta will not be available via Windows Update. That will occur only with the PP1 final release. You will have to follow the instructions in the documentation to download and install it on your server if you want to test the beta. An announcement will be made when the beta is ready to be downloaded.
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 3:13 PM
  • Also, don't forget this is a beta, so even though it's been through quite a lot of testing, there is a (smallish) chance that it could cause problems with your data. So, unless you feel that you're willing to accept the risk, don't install the Beta, wait for the final release.

Colin

Thursday, June 5, 2008 5:09 PM
  •  ColinWH wrote:

...so even though it's been through quite a lot of testing, there is a (smallish) chance that it could cause problems with your data. So, unless you feel that you're willing to accept the risk, [] wait for the [next] release.

Would it be too cheap of a shot to point out that the same thing could be said for the RTM code of v. 1??

Friday, June 6, 2008 2:16 AM
  • ...already lost plenty worth of data by now anyway, so just give us the PP1 now.

Can it get worse ?!?

Sunday, June 8, 2008 8:05 AM