Problem associating Live ID to MCP ID RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i've just passed my first Microsoft exam and I received the time-sensitive email regarding my temporary access code to the MCP member site. However, when I try to associate my MCP ID to my Live email address, i first received an error telline me that my MCP ID could not be found on the database. When I tried to associate my account for the second time, low and behold:

Error: Problem in registration of your profile. Error calling PrepareCustomerMerge: Customer account is locked out ErrorCode:0x8110FFFF ID:{A1AA87EF-82C5-4012-8F8F-BDB9F8EDD64D} Host:[x.x.x.x]., please contact Customer Services Representative for assistance.

so 2 questions:

how come the account is locked out?

is it possible for me to call a CSR to activate my account instead?

thanks for any advice!

Dexter

Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:25 AM

All replies

•  

Hi

I have the same problem please if anyone can help please help

thanks

Thursday, March 27, 2008 10:21 PM
  • Anyone solved that issue?

Error: Problem in registration of your profile. Error calling PrepareCustomerMerge: Zero or more then one customer was found for the specified search criteria ErrorCode:0x8110FFFE ID:{1EF778D7-2855-46E6-8194-E4E88BD0B27B} Host:[207.46.197.80]., please contact Customer Services Representative for assistance.

Tnx,

Uros

Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:49 PM
  • the error i am getting is as follow:

Error: Problem in registration of your profile. Error calling PrepareCustomerMerge: Zero or more then one customer was found for the specified search criteria ErrorCode:0x8110FFFE ID:{42DDF9C3-24CF-4D73-A9F9-B6DAB6A61C0A}

i tried to reset access code twice but it didnt work either.

anyone has valuable info regarding this guys?

Saturday, April 19, 2008 5:59 PM
  •  

Same error for me! DOes anyone have a solution already?!

Thnx!

Monday, April 21, 2008 11:49 AM
  • Same problem here, It was bad enough to try and receive a MCP ID just to be greeted by this message.

Error: Problem in registration of your profile. Error calling PrepareCustomerMerge: Zero or more then one customer was found for the specified search criteria ErrorCode

Saturday, April 26, 2008 4:05 AM
  • I'm get the same problem:

1) Pass exams

2) Get email with registration links, MCP ID and  TEMPORARY PASSWORD

3) Create LiveId account

4) Try to login into https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/Default.aspx

Then press next and get error bellow:

Error: Problem in registration of your profile. Error calling PrepareCustomerMerge: Zero or more then one customer was found for the specified search criteria ErrorCode:0x8110FFFE ID:{786DB7C9-65B9-40B2-BFF2-F9A5A93E8DC4} Host:[207.46.197.80]., please contact Customer Services Representative for assistance.

Monday, April 28, 2008 5:11 AM
  •  

Same problem...same error.  Talked with Customer  Service - tried new key.  Asked me to send screen shot.  No response.

Anyone have success with this?

Monday, April 28, 2008 7:39 PM
  • the same problem

Error: Problem in registration of your profile. Error calling PrepareCustomerMerge: Customer account is locked out ErrorCode:0x8110FFFF ID:{77BEE9D8-2C2E-4FB5-AF04-F9942B00236A} Host:[207.46.197.80]., please contact Customer Services Representative for assistance.

i call the customer service and remain the same why???????????????/

where is microsoft team?|????????????????????????????

www.pal-stu.com/vb

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 5:08 PM
  •  

Yup Same here. No joy from the team either.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:22 PM
  • I am having the same issue.  Emailing and calling their outsourced support is useless. 

Saturday, May 24, 2008 12:25 AM
  •  

same problem and the support system just says in the auto reply you have to wait because the highly demand

i can't see any highly demand and i really need help on this because this support is very very poor and useless

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:42 AM
  • I ended up using a new email addrress and created a new ID to associate.  It worked doing it that way.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 3:14 PM
  • After reading your post i tried creating a new windows live ID and using that but still getting the same error. i tried clearing my cookies etc and requesting a new temporary access code but no joy. Did you do anything else that I missed?

JC

Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:36 PM
  • I've called MCP Support, and they told me to email Your Account's Unique ID (Found in account.live.com -> Registration Info -> Scroll to bottom, you'll see a Unique ID), Copy that and Type in your MCPID, then a attach a screenshot of the error message and send it to mcphelp@microsoft.com

I've still haven't gotten a reply yet =(

I have the same error message too.

The merge system has a serious bug, and i need to access my account in an urgent matter because my company requires to see my Certificate.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:51 PM
  • OMG Tony, they asked the exact same from me and I have not heard from them in 2 weeks. I am losing business over it as clients are requesting my cert. Ready to send a solicitors letter.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:56 PM
  • This is crazy, I've called them like a few times and all they do is tell you to send email, you never even get a reply, just a auto-reply from the system, I've asked them if they can solve it now for me because it's in a urgent manner, they said no and we apologize, I wonder what will happen if i called other regional offices instead of North america, since they don't reply emails and can't help you with anything on the phone?

Anyone here has solved the problem thru phone?

Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:58 PM
  •  Jackanory wrote:

OMG Tony, they asked the exact same from me and I have not heard from them in 2 weeks. I am losing business over it as clients are requesting my cert. Ready to send a solicitors letter.

You really sending a solicitors letter? I'll wait a few more days since I don't have time for this ***, lousy service.

Friday, May 30, 2008 12:19 AM
  • i got it guys working now

here is the reply i got from my regional conact services i reside in egypt africa suuport here is the reply i got so follow the ornage steps carefully and for you all to know is that i still couldn't be able to associate it with my Live ID so i registered my g-mail account and it worked very well an finally was able to order my welcome kit

have a nice time for you all guys and i hope everything will work fine for you as me best luck for you all

Mohammed Yehia

for contact >> firefox_egy@hotmail.com

Dear Mohammed,

Thank you for your email.

In order to receive your Welcome Kit you are required to visit your
    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Secure Site.

Please follow the steps below to learn how to enter the site and order
    your Welcome Kit afterwards.

• Update your Internet Explorer to the latest version.
    • Please close all messengers.
    • Delete the cookies, the temporary internet files and
    • Please close all Internet Explorer windows.
    • go to:
    https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp

Once you have arrived at the site, please click on "Sign In" and enter
    your Windows Live ID e-mail address and your password. Then click the
    "Ok" button.

In the migration page, enter the following information:

MCP ID: xxxxxxx

Access Code: for security reasons, you will receive the access code in a
    following e-mail

After you have entered this information, please click the "Next" button.

You will be taken to your profile information. If you have already
    created a profile (e.g. newsletter subscription) with Microsoft you will
    find those details you registered then for your convenience. Should you
    prefer to provide a different email-address, please follow the steps
    displayed after you have submitted this address.

Friday, May 30, 2008 4:39 PM
  •  firefoxegy wrote:

i got it guys working now

here is the reply i got from my regional conact services i reside in egypt africa suuport here is the reply i got so follow the ornage steps carefully and for you all to know is that i still couldn't be able to associate it with my Live ID so i registered my g-mail account and it worked very well an finally was able to order my welcome kit

have a nice time for you all guys and i hope everything will work fine for you as me best luck for you all

Mohammed Yehia

for contact >> firefox_egy@hotmail.com

Dear Mohammed,

Thank you for your email.

In order to receive your Welcome Kit you are required to visit your
    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Secure Site.

Please follow the steps below to learn how to enter the site and order
    your Welcome Kit afterwards.

• Update your Internet Explorer to the latest version.
    • Please close all messengers.
    • Delete the cookies, the temporary internet files and
    • Please close all Internet Explorer windows.
    • go to:
    https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp

Once you have arrived at the site, please click on "Sign In" and enter
    your Windows Live ID e-mail address and your password. Then click the
    "Ok" button.

In the migration page, enter the following information:

MCP ID: xxxxxxx

Access Code: for security reasons, you will receive the access code in a
    following e-mail

After you have entered this information, please click the "Next" button.

You will be taken to your profile information. If you have already
    created a profile (e.g. newsletter subscription) with Microsoft you will
    find those details you registered then for your convenience. Should you
    prefer to provide a different email-address, please follow the steps
    displayed after you have submitted this address.

Thanks for the instructions, It works for me after i associated my acount with a Gmail email address!

Friday, May 30, 2008 5:41 PM
  • Well I certainly don't want to use a Gmail account, I am a registered partner using my hotmail id and I want to continue using that account, its my account since 1997 (yes my age is showing).

I did request for the last time that they fix my issue, they sent me a PDF of the cert, net very useful.

They still have not resolved the issue, I still cannot get my welcome pack.

But whats the point in complaining. I give up.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 2:42 PM
  • A google search shows reports of these errors going back all the way to 2005. Perhaps the people who program the site need to take the exams.

I'm in the same boat as most of you. I call and email support and they either send me a new access code (five times now, never works) or tell me to create a new Live ID. Just how many email addresses do they think I want to have to deal with? And support is useless, they barely speak English and won't listen to the problem or what has already been tried, they just automatically go into 'script' mode.

I think what annoys me the most is the pandering language of the email responses. They want to provide me with "excellent service" and an "expedient solution", but I get neither. How hard is it to train these people to read/listen & comprehend what they're being told before they send a cut-and-paste response?
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:19 PM
  • Can confirm that I also have this problem. No joy from the EAEA team after phone calls and e-mails
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:09 PM
  •  ShineySpanner wrote:
    Can confirm that I also have this problem. No joy from the EAEA team after phone calls and e-mails

Did all of the above including hiring a clairvoiant, I also ran naked clockwise around Holy Ground on a night with a full moon with four vestial virgins (well who was I to argue) while chanting a buddist mantra, anyway enough about my private life.........

How difficult can it be to log onto a web site !!!!!!
    Friday, June 13, 2008 1:48 PM
  • Its been well over a month now ShineySpanner, another full moon is coming up soon, maybe I will try that and wait 24 hours and see what happens. My hopes are hign now!

Monday, June 16, 2008 9:09 AM
  • Yup me too, technically im qualified as a MCSA but cant get my cert because i cant log in to request it. this is lame, im going over to linux
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

I have cleared  70-290 and registered in mcp site to get my cert. I got it.

And recently i cleared  70-270 and after i logged into MCP membersite, am unable to get migraion page. here i am using the same emailid and pwd which registered to get 70-290.

Could anyone please suggest me.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:41 AM
  • Morning all,

I have been getting the exactly the same thing, but I have managed to get it to work. I've been away for a long weekend so I haven't logged into messenger or my passport for 4 days. Came back and before logging into messenger (don’t know if that was it, but stayed out as 'account locked' could of had some thing to do with it), I managed to sign up and everything worked alright.

So all in all, if you can leave it for a while and without logging into messenger or any microsoft sites you may have some joy.

Cheers.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:16 AM
  • I don't know if it was the not logging on all weekend thing or maybe they finally fixed the problem, but I was able to link my Live Id to my MCP # this morning as well. I took the exam in May and it hasn't worked until today.
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 2:35 AM