none
New Solution to Answered Questions RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to propose a new solution to an old "answered" question?
    • Moved by Just Karl Friday, April 15, 2016 2:53 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:31 PM

Answers

• Sure, you just reply and or propose it, but may be better to post a new thread rather than bring old ones out of the past. Users (myself included) may tend to ignore old threads that resurface like that.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, April 15, 2016 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Sandbox forum is designed for users to try out the new forums functionality. Please be respectful of others, and do not expect replies to questions asked here.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums forum.

However, unless a thread is locked you can suggest other posts as answers.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, April 15, 2016 2:53 PM
  • Sure, you just reply and or propose it, but may be better to post a new thread rather than bring old ones out of the past. Users (myself included) may tend to ignore old threads that resurface like that.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, April 15, 2016 3:28 PM
  • In my opinion it's OK if it is indeed a nice good solution and not a link to some other tool. In the latter case I would recommend against it.

Also, if the original question was quite simple and the new proposed solution is not too innovative, I think you may resist the urge to post it.

Otherwise I'd say, go for it - share the knowledge.

One comment though - most likely the OP will not mark it as a solution, so you will not gain points of posting it, but sharing the knowledge is still important.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, May 13, 2016 7:11 PM