SIS SATA Driver needed RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have an ECS 760GX-M Motherboard that has OB SIS 180 Raid/SATA controller when I tried to install WHS onto the Sata drive i went through the usual press F6 routine stuck in the disk with Server2003 and Win XP drivers on it, but it then gives error 180. The drivers were downloaded from ECS website and SIS website (both websites have same drivers) i cannot find any Vista drivers, but saying that they worked when i used them for Server 2008 and they worked.,. At the moment I am using a 80Gb IDE as the sys drive with the 2 Sata drives as storage...as you may guess from that the Sata drives are seen once WHS is installed on the IDE but i wanted to use the 80Gb for something else.

Can anyone help. PLEASE

Eddie

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:29 PM

Answers

•  E & S Computers wrote:

I have an ECS 760GX-M Motherboard that has OB SIS 180 Raid/SATA controller when I tried to install WHS onto the Sata drive i went through the usual press F6 routine stuck in the disk with Server2003 and Win XP drivers on it, but it then gives error 180. The drivers were downloaded from ECS website and SIS website (both websites have same drivers) i cannot find any Vista drivers, but saying that they worked when i used them for Server 2008 and they worked.,. At the moment I am using a 80Gb IDE as the sys drive with the 2 Sata drives as storage...as you may guess from that the Sata drives are seen once WHS is installed on the IDE but i wanted to use the 80Gb for something else.

Can anyone help. PLEASE

Eddie

http://216.185.128.200/temp/jetway0c/downloads/driver/raid302.zip

Should do the trick.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5:00 PM

All replies

•  E & S Computers wrote:

Can anyone help. PLEASE

Eddie

http://216.185.128.200/temp/jetway0c/downloads/driver/raid302.zip

Should do the trick.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5:00 PM
  • Eddie, have you tried setting the motherboard SATA controller to IDE mode, if it supports it? That should let you install without needing additional drivers.
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:54 PM