• General discussion

• Every time I try to download the stupid thing I get the following error,

An error occured in the script on this page

Line 2

char 1

invalid char

Code 0

Url About Blank.

When I go to micosoft for help they tell me that there is a $59.00 charge for help on something that they are trying to sale me, before I can get it to load.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:42 PM

All replies

• To get help with the Windows Live Safety Scanner please post to the Windows Live Safety Scanner Community - http://boards.live.com/safetyboards/board.aspx?BoardID=225

This fix from the Safety Scanner message boards may work -

We've had some reports of an IE Script error that pops up when you are trying to run a scan. We have found in one case that an key in the registry is preventing scripts from running on the local machine. If you run in to a script error and have a version of IE 7 installed try going to regedit and looking for the following key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN]

"iexplore.exe"=dword:00000000

You can either delete it or set the value to 1, we have found that both work. And then try running the scanner again.

Thanks,

Marisela

Sunday, June 17, 2007 9:06 PM
  • That does not work.
    Friday, June 29, 2007 8:34 AM
  • This fixed it for me. How did that key get set on my machine in the first place and what are the implications of disabling it for other applications? Is it security setting?

Monday, December 31, 2007 8:10 PM
  • Make sure you restart internet explorer - it only worked after I did that.

Monday, December 31, 2007 8:17 PM
  • Marisela,

Most experts do not recommend that people edit a registry unless they know exactly what they are doing, so if you are going to give this kind of advice, then at least be specific.  What do you mean by setting the value to 1?  Does that mean I should change   =dword:00000000   to   =dword:00000001?  Or maybe you mean change it to   =dword:1?  And what is the proper way to delete an entry?  What happens if I do it wrong causing far worse problems?  You should assume that the average person is not familier with changing registry entries including myself so please spell it out completely.        

Saturday, January 26, 2008 6:46 PM
  •  

Sorry but if you are not having problems with Windows Live OneCare then you are off topic, this forum is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare, you can look for help and an answer here http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx I will be locking this thread as the off topic forum is not for general posting

chuck

Saturday, January 26, 2008 6:51 PM