WHS/XBox 360 Video RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!  I have been beta testing WHS for about a month now.  I seem to have gotten everything up and running with one exception:  I can't get my XBox 360 to see the videos I have stored on WHS.  I can play/view my music and pictures from WHS fine, but not the videos (even though I have all 3 of them marked as On under Media Library Sharing).  I thought it may have been the video format, but that doesn't seem to make a difference (I've tried .mpg, .avi, and .wmv and none of them work).  Is there something else I need to do to get it work?  I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks!!!

Sunday, April 15, 2007 11:42 PM

Answers

• Sometime on my xbox when I add a new video, I need to disconnect from the server computer before I see the video. On your xbox go to..System>>Computers>Windows-based PC, disconnect from there. Then go see if you can see it. Give that a go. If that doesn't work try searching around the forum or if everything fails, file a bug at connect.

Any relation to Paul Kariya from Nashville Predators?:0...

Monday, April 16, 2007 12:09 AM

All replies

• Sometime on my xbox when I add a new video, I need to disconnect from the server computer before I see the video. On your xbox go to..System>>Computers>Windows-based PC, disconnect from there. Then go see if you can see it. Give that a go. If that doesn't work try searching around the forum or if everything fails, file a bug at connect.

Any relation to Paul Kariya from Nashville Predators?:0...

Monday, April 16, 2007 12:09 AM
  • Well, I tried disconnecting, but no luck.  Then I thought I would try completely shutting down the server and turning it back on.  That did the trick.  Thanks for your help!!

P.S.  I created that username when he played for my favorite team, the Ducks.  Now I'm hoping we get to play Nashville in the second round of the playoffs so we can beat him to a pulp lol

Monday, April 16, 2007 3:52 AM
  • You're welcome.

P.S You took away our best player...Pronger... now I guess you know where I am from. Wink

Monday, April 16, 2007 4:08 AM
  • Hi, I had the exact same problem.  Rebooting the server made the files visible.  I have logged a bug report on this.  Please vote on it..

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=270356

Thanks...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 8:54 PM