Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 - 108 Invalid VLK RRS feed

• Question

• I followed the guide to diagnostics and have worked out that the following is the glitch in my validation process:

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 - 108 Invalid VLK

The message on my computer says I have 10 days to validate but I think I am going to need longer than that to deal with the company I got my computer from as they were a nightmare to deal with originally esp now I know that they sold me a bum copy of Office (in saying that Windows and Project on my computer have been validated so may have to give them the benefit of the doubt).

My question is what is going to happen to my computer after the above mentioned 10 days?
    Am I simply not going to be able to get updates or is everything going to freeze?
    And how do I stop the pop up remidning me to get genuine office - I am trying to get this sorted and the message is getting really annoying.

Please help.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:10 AM

Answers

• Hello Technically Challenged,

Thank you for visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forum. I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. We have seen numerous issues from customers who were provided a Volume License Key (VLK) on their computer that has either been blocked by Microsoft or generated by a fake product key code generator. WGA currently provides checks for these types of product keys and prompts the user to notify them of this situation. More invalid product keys are being identified daily and WGA is constantly refreshing its database with these newly identified product keys and immediately blocks them. You will continue to received the popups.

You mentioned running the MGA Diagnostic Tool. Since you didnt post your results for us to analyze please look below and tell us if this is similiar to what you received: 

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 108 Invalid VLK
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.7.105.35
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-153-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-230-1

As a rule, VL editions should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP is Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.  Technically Challenged if this is a corporate system please ask your systems administrator to logon to the eOpen site (https://eopen.microsoft.com/EN/default.asp) and confirm what your company’s assigned VLK. If this computer is not a corporate system please uninstall Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007. Next please restart your computer and try to Validate once again.

You have a couple options available. First you should have been given the option to "Get Genuine" when you failed OGA validation. Here you may purchase an OGA Kit from Microsoft and become genuine. Next you can take the software back where you made the original purchase and either request a genuine copy of Office or return your monies. Next I would recommend for you to file a piracy report by following the directions @
    http://www.microsoft.com/piracy. Please locate "Reporting Piracy" in the upper left corner. 

Take care,

Stephen

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:47 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:49 AM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:46 AM

All replies

• Hello Technically Challenged,

Thank you for visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forum. I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. We have seen numerous issues from customers who were provided a Volume License Key (VLK) on their computer that has either been blocked by Microsoft or generated by a fake product key code generator. WGA currently provides checks for these types of product keys and prompts the user to notify them of this situation. More invalid product keys are being identified daily and WGA is constantly refreshing its database with these newly identified product keys and immediately blocks them. You will continue to received the popups.

You mentioned running the MGA Diagnostic Tool. Since you didnt post your results for us to analyze please look below and tell us if this is similiar to what you received: 

OGA Data-->
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-153-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-230-1

As a rule, VL editions should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP is Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.  Technically Challenged if this is a corporate system please ask your systems administrator to logon to the eOpen site (https://eopen.microsoft.com/EN/default.asp) and confirm what your company’s assigned VLK. If this computer is not a corporate system please uninstall Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007. Next please restart your computer and try to Validate once again.

You have a couple options available. First you should have been given the option to "Get Genuine" when you failed OGA validation. Here you may purchase an OGA Kit from Microsoft and become genuine. Next you can take the software back where you made the original purchase and either request a genuine copy of Office or return your monies. Next I would recommend for you to file a piracy report by following the directions @
    http://www.microsoft.com/piracy. Please locate "Reporting Piracy" in the upper left corner. 

Take care,

Stephen

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:47 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:49 AM
  •  Technically Challenged,

Curious where did you purchase Office Professional Plus 2007 from?

Thank you,

Stephen
    Stephen Holm
  • Here is the bit of the report I got:

OGA Data-->

Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007 - 100 Genuine

Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

My computer is a work computer but knowing the company who we use to supply computers going back to them is going to take a while to get a solution - but I will start in the morning to see how far I can get.

Could you please let me know the implications of taking longer than the 10 days to validate as that is my key concern at the moment as I can not just simply download a fresh copy of Office as I will need to get my company's approval etc.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:53 AM
  • To answer your question on where we purchased Office - it came with the computer - company issue - does this make a difference?

As you can tell by my name I am very Technically Challenged but wanted to armed with all the info before going into work tomorrow - our IT guy is on holiday for the next month so I think I am going to have to sort this out myself

Thanks in advance
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:56 AM
  • Hey Technically Challenged,

Thank you for posting back and letting us know. As I mentioned previously please ask your systems administrator logon to the eOpen site (https://eopen.microsoft.com/EN/default.asp) and confirm what your company’s assigned VLK. He or She should know about eopen and how Volume Licensing Keys work. Work with your Systems Administrator or others in your company and explain that your company has a current blocked key.  Also maybe the product key was not installed correctly when the systems administrator was building their images to be installed on various systems. Please have them ensure the key was inputed correctly.

Take care,

Stephen :-)

Stephen Holm
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:26 AM