none
DLL not found error while running one of our applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I found resolution in one of the threads https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14281368/file-not-found-when-loading-dll-from-vb6 (numbered 06). The reasons provided in the link mentioned above for the issue I'm facing are:

1. The main dll which is referring another dll is missing.
    2. An error occurred while loading it.
    3. Error occurred while calling the method.

I tried the below mentioned solutions:

1.Locate and load the DLL, running the DLL Main method if present.

2.Locate the procedure in the DLL.

3.Call the procedure.

After changing the code, 1st step Locate and load DLL itself is not working for me and I'm getting the error as "error loading the DLL. The specified module could not be found". 

Requesting your expertise in resolving this issue at your earliest convenience. 

Monday, December 10, 2018 11:14 AM

All replies

• Is this a VB6 app, if so this is not the correct forum, this one would be. Otherwise more details are needed.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, December 10, 2018 11:16 AM