Problem with integration OCS 2007 and ALCATEL OXE 7.1.1 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello , i start to integrate the enviroment in the subject, but after i install and configure correctly , i hope, mediation server and ALCATEL SIP TRUNKING , how i can create a extension in OCS and the correspond ALCATEL SIP extension ?  , because if i enable a ocs user for Entreprise Voice what i have tu put in the Line URI ? , can i use RCC with ALCATEL PABX, i am a little confused about it.... Smile

Thanks in advance

Luca

Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Luca,

Alcatel has not comeup with any open statement saying how they are going to integrate with OCS 2007. so that side of story is still unclear.

However, you can use Genesys GETS server with the Alcatel PBX. Genesys acts as a Middleware for enabling RCC with many common PBX, and alactel is one of them. if you do not want to use genesys, then u have the option of using a theird part media gateway only.

Thanks

Pankaj

Saturday, March 8, 2008 1:46 PM
  • After a lot of test and configuration i can call from a OCS communicator to a telephone in the PBX alcatel , now i have a little problem to call from a alcatel telephone to a OCS communicator . If i do it , i give you all detail about it....ehhe

thanks Pankaj

Monday, March 10, 2008 10:42 AM
  • Best of luck for your configuration.

Make sure that you pass the number to OCS in E.164 format, otherwise the call will not be accepted by OC.

Cheers

Pankaj

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 5:49 AM
  • Hello,

Could you please detail what was the configuration you set up in both OCS and OXE ? Did you need to set up a mediation server to do so ?

Thanks in advance.

Stéphane

Friday, August 29, 2008 7:09 AM
  • yes , you must have a mediation server between OCS and OXE , than you setup in OXE an EXTERNAL GATEWAY with mediation server ip address, create also a dial plan in oxe to route for example 1xx to the SIP trunk , you have to configure the same thing in mediation to route all external traffic to the OXE.

bye

LUCA

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 2:57 PM
  • We have tested OCS 2007 (pre R2) with Alcatel-Lucent OXE R8.  It works perfectly.

• OCS->Mediation->PBX
    • PBX->Mediation->OCS
    • OCS->Mediation->PBX->PSTN
    • PSTN->PBX->Mediation->OCS

A detailed write-up here: http://www.appliednethellas.com

• Proposed as answer by Morten Ransve Wednesday, September 9, 2009 7:03 AM
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 6:29 PM