none
A new bug in IE? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

In My Forums I have a Russian based forum called 'Rabota s dannymy'. So, from my forums I went to that forum and wanted to post this message (off-topic, but I wanted some help):

Hi guys,

I was discussing this topic http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/4b56d8e7-943c-4b90-8552-1240c07b82c0 and I can see that in Russian it's not that easy to find good words describing 'Answers', 'Helpful votes', 'Replies'. I am wondering if you can reply in the thread in question with your ideas and may be suggest good terms for other languages as well.

----------------------

However, I was not able to post that message because I got an error about need to select Forum's category. Why is that if I indeed was first in that forum and used 'Ask a question' button in that forum?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, November 26, 2012 5:51 PM

Answers

• Do you mean you sent it or advising me to send it?

UPDATE. I sent this to fissues right now. Closing the thread.

Pan Zhang from MS Forum's support team was able to reproduce the issue and it will be eventually addressed.

My blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:14 AM

All replies

• Can you link to the forum? I assume you couldn't create a new question there?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:37 PM
    Owner
  • http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/fordataru/threads

So, these are my steps (I reproduced the problem again).

From 'My Forums' I scroll down to that forum, click on it (and now I'm in that forum) and then click on 'Ask new question' button. And then I can see that I am in 'Forum's Home' and need to select category again.

My blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:44 PM
  • So, is this bug logged? I tried it again with the same result - I can not post a question in that forum if I want to.

My blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:22 AM
  • Send to "fissues".

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:12 AM
    Owner
  • Do you mean you sent it or advising me to send it?

UPDATE. I sent this to fissues right now. Closing the thread.

Pan Zhang from MS Forum's support team was able to reproduce the issue and it will be eventually addressed.

My blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:14 AM