Copying Files to the Server RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running WHS on a computer with a 160 GB OS drive with a 750 GB drive added to storage.  I have all my backups on an external drive and would like to copy them to WHS.  Is it "OK" to do this from the WHS Server?  I just opened up the 'Public' shortcut on the desktop and I'm copying from the external drive.

Second question:  There are a lot of duplicate files in this backups folder.  Would it be "OK" to sort, delete, and move these files from within the "Public" folder directly on WHS?  Or does this need to be done from a connected computer?  Or does it not matter where it's done from because I'm running a two drive system and I'll probably get data corruption?

Thanks,

Matt

Sunday, March 2, 2008 12:01 AM

Answers

• Copying stuff from an external drive to the public folder is fine.  There will be no problems because you are doing so.  I've copied stuff from non added drives a bunch of times to various folders from my WHS with no issue.

Sorting, deleting, and moving the files should also be alright.  As long as you don't edit them.
    Sunday, March 2, 2008 2:32 AM