XBox 360 and Windows Home Server Recorded TV folder. RRS feed

• Question

• Anybody know if is possible to have the Recorded TV share on WHS show up in the XBox 360 Video Library like the Videos, Music and Photos shares do? 

I did some searching in these forums and the all information I found was pre-Power Pack 2 and dated back to 2007.

Thanks!

Eric Sten
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:23 PM

Answers

• If you mean that you want the new Recorded TV folder streamed to the Xbox 360 as an extender directly by WHS, then I don't believe it's possible. The folders that the built-in streaming software can manage are set by Microsoft.

However, if you're just using the Xbox to read files from the shares, I think it should work as long as the format is one that the Xbox can play natively.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Eric Sten Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:52 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:44 PM

All replies

• If you mean that you want the new Recorded TV folder streamed to the Xbox 360 as an extender directly by WHS, then I don't believe it's possible. The folders that the built-in streaming software can manage are set by Microsoft.

However, if you're just using the Xbox to read files from the shares, I think it should work as long as the format is one that the Xbox can play natively.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Eric Sten Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:52 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:44 PM
  • Ken,

Yep, that what I wanted to do.  I figured since an MCE 2005 or Vista MCE could see the folder there must have been something I did wrong that is preventing the XBox from seeing it as well.  :-)  I think I'll have to submit a feature request to see if this could be added. 

Thanks for your help Ken.

Eric
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:55 PM