Legacy MCSD missing from current MCP transcripts ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been aware for some time already that the legacy MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solution Developer), which existed between the years of approx. 1998 and 2000, does not appear on the current MCP transcripts of candidates who achieved that certification. Only the generic MCP credential appears, but the actual "Solution Developer" wording is curiously absent. I am aware of 2 other people (legacy MCSD achievers) who have this same omission from their transcript.

The omission of "Solution Developer" from the transcript has now become a critical issue for me with regard to the MCSD credential of 1998 which I am currently required to submit in an application to a particular authority. Of further frustration is that I still have the printed MCSD certificate that was issued and couriered to me in 1998, but as with all MCP certificates issued by Microsoft prior to 2004 (or even later), there is no date marked on the certificate, which further denies me evidence of achievement of the MCSD during 1998.

I have already lodged a support enquiry with Microsoft and await their reply, but I am hoping the community may also shed some light on this situation.

Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:16 PM

Answers

• I just checked my transcript, and it still shows both the MCSD on Microsoft .Net and the MCSD on VS6 (from 2003 and 2002 respectively), with the complete wording "Microsoft Certified Solution Developer." So I think that something has gone wrong with your own transcript. Hopefully your existing enquiry to the RSC should resolve the issue.

Monday, July 15, 2013 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

I am not sure what to tell you here. My first certification was the MCSD for VB6, back in 2000. It still appears on my transcript.

I don't know who you submitted your inquiry to, but I suggest contacting the regional support center for your country/region. They may be able help. Here is the URL: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/help.aspx#north-america

For future reference, I have made it a habit to save the exam reports that I receive from the testing centers. That is your best defense.

mjc

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:40 PM
  • I just checked my transcript, and it still shows both the MCSD on Microsoft .Net and the MCSD on VS6 (from 2003 and 2002 respectively), with the complete wording "Microsoft Certified Solution Developer." So I think that something has gone wrong with your own transcript. Hopefully your existing enquiry to the RSC should resolve the issue.

Monday, July 15, 2013 12:22 PM
  • I thank members for their replies so far. RSC has advised that my query has been referred further up the line for attention.

I believe that the MCSD track first appeared in late 1997.  The requirements at that time were completion of 4 exams as follows;

Microsoft Windows Architecture I, Microsoft Windows Architecture II, Implementing a Database Design on Microsoft SQL Server 6.5,  Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Programming.

Windows Arc 1&2 were core exams and VB5 & SQL 6.5 were electives. The VB6 exams (desktop and disributed) were only available in the later part of 1998, and were therefore not a requirement of the MCSD until sometime in 1999.

However, I cannot seem to verify this reliably from online searching.  Can anyone perhaps confirm or concur with the above as being valid MCSD requirements as at 1998 ?

The 4 exams above are the oldest exams that appear on my transcript, and all 4 are there. I can reliably confirm that I received (via courier) the MCSD 'welcome pack', including the lapel pin, printed certificate and MCSD 'card'  (credit card size). I can't imagine MS would have issued such things in error, or without record. I am somewhat baffled why this would be a challenge for them (MS support) to address.

Monday, July 15, 2013 7:36 PM