none
"Submit" a reply fails. RRS feed

• Question

• I click 'Reply' button, enter text in the reply body, and then clink the 'Submit' button.

The whirly wheely appears in the foreground for several seconds.

Then,  "Message from webpage" appears. The message text is HTML code from the top of a web page. I notice that the "Privoxy" proxy server I am using is mentioned.

I disabled the proxy server, and this fixed the problem.

SB

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5:00 PM

Answers

• I click 'Reply' button, enter text in the reply body, and then clink the 'Submit' button.

Then,  "Message from webpage" appears. The message text is HTML code from the top of a web page. I notice that the "Privoxy" proxy server I am using is mentioned.

SB

So the proxy server solved it? I think that's the answer. Also, the forums have been updated, so this should be fixed now.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:49 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Interesting, I've been having a bad problem that started something like that, only the "message from webpage" was always blank.  Not on this system, I'll check the proxy settings tomorrow.

But my question is, what changed that required new proxy settings - or was it your proxy setting that changed causing the problem?

Thanks.

Josh

Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:23 AM
  • Nope.  My problem system (my home workstation) does not use a proxy, never did, still doesn't and still doesn't work, still generates the same server-side errors.

HELLPPPP!

Josh

Friday, December 3, 2010 3:55 PM

SB

So the proxy server solved it? I think that's the answer. Also, the forums have been updated, so this should be fixed now.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:49 AM
    Owner