deploying an app gave a silent crash and i am trying to fix it. RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on deploying a program which was getting a silent error and then would close before it even started.  I went into  Debugging >> Exceptions, and turned on Managed Debugging Assistants.  When i then ran this app, i got the following error.

The assembly with display name 'BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder' failed to load in the 'Load' binding context of the AppDomain with ID 1. The cause of the failure was: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at the following line of code:...

Public Class CrystalReport1
      Inherits ReportClass

Public Sub New()
        MyBase.New '<-- error here!
      End Sub

I am not sure how to fix it personally.

I am developing on a Windows 7 x64 machine, using vs2010 ultimate.

The other thread i looked at for help was: http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1833271

which didnt give all that much help. >_>

I was thinking this may be the silent error which is causing a crash when i deploy on other machines, but not really sure.  It seems my app will attempt to run, and will run for like 5 seconds trying to load something and then the forked process just ends without every showing anything.

• Moved by Paul Zhou Monday, April 11, 2011 8:59 AM off-topic (From:64-Bit .NET Framework Development.)
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:09 PM

All replies