none
Silent Installation for HPC Pack 2016 update 3 with -ClusterName is not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using setup.exe -unattend to silent install the HPC Pack 2016 on the head node. Although I included the -ClusterName:<a Name>, somehow the cluster name stays the NetBIOSName of the head node.

I found this in the installation chainner log

03:28:49.587 -     Command arguments : -Unattend -ClusterName:"myclustername" -HeadNode -SSLPfxFilePath:"<some Path>HpcHeadNode.pfx" -SSLPfxFilePassword:******

at the first line and near the bottom part of the log

03:01:58.380 -     Installing HpcServer_x64.msi: BOOTSTRAPPER=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress UNATTEND=1 SSLTHUMBPRINT="xxxxxxxx" MGMTDBCONSTR="*" ... <some installation Dir path> DBATDEFAULTLOCATION=0 SQMENABLE=0 CLUSTERNAME=HEAD-NODE CLUSTERCONNSTR=HEAD-NODE

My head node has the computer name as 'HEAD-NODE' and it replaced the myclustername which is the one I wanted it to be.Did I miss something ?

Monday, August 3, 2020 4:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Bingyu,

It is by design. For single head node scenario, the cluster name is always the head node netbios name, the 'ClusterName' parameter will not be respected. 

• Marked as answer by Bingyu_Huang Monday, August 3, 2020 3:07 PM
    Monday, August 3, 2020 7:21 AM