Restoring a laptop from WHS backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have a laptop that I changed the HDD. Now, I want to restore the laptop from a backup in WHS for that computer. I insert the Restore CD Dual in the laptop. It loads windows files, and the I get a blue screen saying:

"The BIOS in the computer is not fully ACPI compliant", please contact your vendor for an updated BIOS.

What can I do to solve the problem? I really want to restore the backup from WHS on this computer.

Thanks,

Klode
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 9:03 PM

All replies

• Hi everyone,

I have a laptop that I changed the HDD. Now, I want to restore the laptop from a backup in WHS for that computer. I insert the Restore CD Dual in the laptop. It loads windows files, and the I get a blue screen saying:

"The BIOS in the computer is not fully ACPI compliant", please contact your vendor for an updated BIOS.

What can I do to solve the problem? I really want to restore the backup from WHS on this computer.

Thanks,

Klode

You probably need to copy (at least) the SATA drivers from your server backup to a USB flash drive, then boot the restore CD with the flash drive attached.
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 3:23 AM
  • Klode, you can connect the new disk to another machine and do a restore there. Then reconnect to the laptop.

Martin
    LightsOut - Power Management for Windows Home Server http://www.home-server-blog.de/add-ins/lightsout/#en
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 8:21 AM