none
Temporarily unable to post, reply or edit RRS feed

• Question

• For nearly 12 hours now, any contribution attempt to (any of the) forums was unsuccessful. However, other people posted and replied like usual, so it looks like a localized problem. Symptoms: You can "ask a question" or open the "reply" window but you can't enter anything. Hit "cancel" and now you can type your text (in Courier New, without editing buttons). If you hit "submit" then, nothing happens, not even the spinning wheel appears in the tab title. Now it works again, writing on Firefox. Someone should call the ghostbusters, as this problem was also reported by other posters and seems to reappear at regular intervals.
    "192 GB ought to be enough for anybody." (from the miniseries "Next Generation's Jokes")
    Monday, January 17, 2011 1:14 PM

Answers

• O_o. I'm believing now that's a result of testing too much interim releases. After installing the latest IE9 pre-release, the issue is gone so quick as appeared before. Nevermind. A side effect of beta testing, nothing more.
    "192 GB ought to be enough for anybody." (from the miniseries "Next Generation's Jokes")
    Friday, January 28, 2011 11:10 PM

All replies

• Back in IE9, it didn't work again, debugging displayed "Error - Line 1: Null is null or not an object." As I'm no developer but a writer, I feel the subtle poetry of these words without understanding anything. Anyway, changing the display mode from "IE 8 standards" to "IE 7 standards" solved the issue. Clearing the browser history, as suggested in another post, didn't help btw.
    Monday, January 17, 2011 2:04 PM
  • O_o. I'm believing now that's a result of testing too much interim releases. After installing the latest IE9 pre-release, the issue is gone so quick as appeared before. Nevermind. A side effect of beta testing, nothing more.
    Friday, January 28, 2011 11:10 PM
  • I am hoping this won't happen to me. -_-
    Philwebservices
    Philwebservices
    Philwebservices
    Check out Von Rod Casiño Limpot Personal Blog and know about facts and figures and more importantly about Philwebservices-the web service provider for you.
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 10:52 PM