Possible Bug: Delete Confirmation/Prompt box in Explorer loses focus after Mesh installs its Remote Display Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

First of all, I would like to congratulate the Live Mesh Team for this wonderful product.
    I recently got a chance to play with Live Mesh after a friend of mine invited me to share a folder.
    But i'm still awaiting my invitation from Connect and hence cant report this possible bug(if you may call it), so i'm posting here.

So following all my Love for Mesh, I installed it on my Windows Vista Ultimate x86 with SP1.
    But lately I've been experiencing a strange issue with the Delete Prompt Box in Explorer.

What I've seen is:
    When i delete any file/folder in Windows, the delete prompt box does not automatically appear as it should in normal cases.
    It comes to foreground only when i click somewhere in that window, till then it stays in the background.
    But if I try to delete/shift-delete any file or folder that is on my desktop, it works just fine.
    Initially I thought it was some folder setting issue with the OS and also tried all available options, like resetting folder views to default.
    But that did not help.

Later on while having a look at the Devices in my Device Manager, I noticed that Mesh has added its own Display Driver for Remote Access in addition to my default Diaplay Driver.
    But that also didn't strike any clue to me. I still assumed this Delete box annoyance was being caused by the OS...so ultimately I went ahead with a Clean Install of the OS.
    Then I was being very careful while installing stuff and doing customizations, so as to see what was causing that.
    Things went alright till I installed Mesh again. Then this problem started happening again.
    So i crossed checked and confirmed/replicated the issue by uninstalling Mesh, and so far, after almost 24 hrs, there has been no problem.

I would also like to hear other people's views and any similar experiences on this.

Prior to discovering the cause, I discussed this issue with my friends and some MVPs as well, but it was first of its kind for everyone. So nobody could really help.
    I just came across this, and wanted to report a possible bug(hope I don't make a fool of myself if this turns out to be due to anything else). But since I haven't got invitation from Connect for Mesh yet (possibly due to being Outside-US), I had no option but to share it here.

Thanks! Hope I contribute something useful to this Tech Preview thing, because I see such a wide scope for Mesh.
    Great work Team Mesh!
    Monday, May 5, 2008 3:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the kind feedback!

We would like for you to be able to submit a bug report, and I have been told that you should now have received an invitation to the Live Mesh Connect site.  Please let me know if that is not the case, and I will follow up.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, May 5, 2008 9:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the kind feedback!

We would like for you to be able to submit a bug report, and I have been told that you should now have received an invitation to the Live Mesh Connect site.  Please let me know if that is not the case, and I will follow up.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, May 5, 2008 9:46 PM
  • Hi Ben!

Thanks for your reply.

As of now, I haven't received any invitation to the Live Mesh Connect Site. I have checked thoroughly.
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 6:14 AM
  • Hi,

I'm sorry for the trouble on this.  I've followed up and have been told that you should now have an invitation from Connect.  If you still have not received that invitation please send an email to lmprev@microsoft.com with your forum handle and the Live ID that you're using with Live Mesh.  Also, please mention my name, and the conversation that we've had on this thread, so that I can make sure it's taken care of.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 10:34 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks Ben for your kind support.
    Since I haven't received the invitation yet, I've mailed to the email ID that you mentioned with all relevant details.

Hope I get one now. :-)

Regards,
    Abhishek

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 9:20 AM
  • Hi Ben,

I'm on Live Mesh Connect now, Thanks to you!

So I'm off to reporting bug(s) there....

Thanks again!

Regards,
    Abhishek
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 12:34 AM
  • Hi again Ben,

Just submitted my bug report at Live Mesh Connect.
    Also attached two flash video files showing the behavior before and after installing Mesh.
    Here is the feedback report:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=342600&SiteID=425

Regards,
    Abhishek
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 9:44 AM
  • Thank you, Abhishek!

We appreciate you taking the time to help us test Live Mesh.  I'm glad we (finally) got you onto Connect. :)

Ben.
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 8:37 PM