What version of Money can open International or UK Money 2002 file? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am NOT in the US, and I have MS Money 2002 standard edition, it appears to be an international version, as it has region options when installing of New Zealand/Australia/Singapore etc.  (Though it has a box for "VAT" which is UK, Aus/NZ call it "GST")

Can anyone help with a version of 2004 or 2005 which will recognise that format, so I can upgrade to 2006 or sunset?  The US and UK ones I have found so far haven't worked.  There was one 2005 on MS/MVP websitewhich was supposed to be international, that also didn't recognise the file -

Happy to pay... but don't know what to buy!  Maybe someone has a disk they could upload?

• Split by Cal LearnerModerator Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:03 AM It is a different question, so made it a new thread.
    • Edited by Cal LearnerModerator Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:34 AM removing info that did not apply
    Monday, February 27, 2017 11:06 PM

All replies

• You cannot convert a Money 2002 International or UK version Money file (*.mny) to Sunset or 2006. Those are for North American files. If you still have the Money 2002 installation disk, keep it safe. That could be used to install on a newer version. You could convert to the Money 2005 International or UK version, but that will probably not add net (no pun intended) functionality vs 2002.

If you really wanted to convert, you could use QIF export and import. Those would only pass some of the information, but you can change geographic regions.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:57 AM
  • There were English language versions of Money for the US, UK and International markets. The data files for these are region specific. The latest versions of the consumer editions of these are available for download from the links in the second post in this forum.

There were Business versions also - the reference to GST/VAT suggests that is what you have. The latest non-US Business versions were for Money 2003. I do not know whether the consumer versions can open Business version files.

If you still have the Money 2002 installation disk Money 2002 will install and run on all versions of Windows from Windows 95 to Windows 10, including NT SP5 or later.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:14 PM