"Office Basic Ed 2003" change licence key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have to install 60 PC's how are identical to each other.

I have got 60 XP Pro OEM packages and 60 Office Basic Ed 2003 OEM packages.

I know want to make a Norton Ghost Image of one machine and the clone it to the others.

I have downloaded the "KeyUpdateTool.exe from Microsoft so I can change the XP Pro licence keys after the Image is installed.

Is there a similar tool that I can use with Microsoft Office?

Best Regards,

Christian Wejergang

Product Manager

auditdata.com 

Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:38 PM

Answers

• Christian,

Changing product keys for MS Office versions will require users to make changes within the registry.  Knowledge Base article 895456 located @ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/895456/en-us will provide a step by step process for changing your product keys. 

*WARNING* Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. It is recommended you back up the registry prior making any changes. As added measures of caution, have all critical files backed up in case the system crashes and/or the registry could not be restored from your backup.  Modify the registry at your own risk. NOTE:  If you try to open any Office programs after you complete the steps, you receive a message that prompts you for a valid product key.  Please re-post here if you need further assistance. Have a great day!!!

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:57 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

Thank for your anwser, it works just fine.

Regards,

Christian Wejergnag
    Product Manager
    auditdata.com
    Monday, April 30, 2007 6:15 AM
  • Awesome!!!

Hope all works fine for you.  If you need more assistance with OGA please dont hesitate to post here. Have a great week and hope the project goes as planned.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Monday, April 30, 2007 11:02 PM

All replies

• Christian,

Changing product keys for MS Office versions will require users to make changes within the registry.  Knowledge Base article 895456 located @ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/895456/en-us will provide a step by step process for changing your product keys. 

*WARNING* Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. It is recommended you back up the registry prior making any changes. As added measures of caution, have all critical files backed up in case the system crashes and/or the registry could not be restored from your backup.  Modify the registry at your own risk. NOTE:  If you try to open any Office programs after you complete the steps, you receive a message that prompts you for a valid product key.  Please re-post here if you need further assistance. Have a great day!!!

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:57 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

Thank for your anwser, it works just fine.

Regards,

Christian Wejergnag
    Product Manager
    auditdata.com
    Monday, April 30, 2007 6:15 AM
  • Awesome!!!

Hope all works fine for you.  If you need more assistance with OGA please dont hesitate to post here. Have a great week and hope the project goes as planned.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Monday, April 30, 2007 11:02 PM