Flash player and plug ins... RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I've just purchased Windows Live1 Care for 12 months.  Since doing this I find I can't do all I wish to (on Facebook and play Jigsaws!)  I keep getting a message that I need to download Flash Player (Adobe).  I already had this before downloading 1care and never had any problems.  When I get this message I click to download and always get the 'download successful' message. However it doesn't download (and isn't on the programs list) and there's no explanation (doesn't show the program blocked box) as to why it isn't there. 

Can anyone help please?  I'm at a loss as to what to do!  Would a restore help or would I loose 1care?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, November 3, 2008 12:35 PM

Answers

• Flash Player should be allowed by OneCare with no problems. Open OneCare, click change settings, and on the Firewall tab, temporarily disable the firewall, click OK and try your site again. If it still fails, contact Adobe for help. If it is successful, but when you turn the OneCare firewall back on, it fails, please contact OneCare support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

I'm moving this post to the Firewall topic folder.

-steve

Monday, November 3, 2008 4:25 PM