HELP ME RRS feed

• Question

• when team members submitting timesheet only administrative time tasks are going into timesheet manager for approval . other working tasks are not going to timesheet manager for approval.me using EPM 2010 also tell me which permission give to any member who make timesheet manager?
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:13 AM

Answers

• Project Server time sheets works with two prime ways.

1. Normal Mode

2. Single Entry Mode

You can go to Server Settings > Time sheet Settings and Defaults in Time and Task management section and check at the bottom of your page that your timesheets are running in which mode.

If you have single entry mode configured then:

1. Timesheets has two kinds of tasks i.e. i) Tasks assigned to resources within differenct projects ii) Administrative tasks

2. The tasks for different projects will go to their Project Managers first for their approval as it also updates the Project Schedle

More information on how the task flow can be found at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg502586.aspx

Thank you, Abhijeet M. Mohite If the reply help you, mark it as your answer!!
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:47 AM

All replies

• Hi There,

This is expected behaviour. a Timesheet will go to a "Line Manager / Timesheet Manager" (Permission - Approve Timesheets). Project Tasks wil go to the Status Managers for approval, i will also assume you are talking about "Intergrated Mode" ,where all time is captured in the Timesheet, and Project Server then routes the updates to the appropriate approvers.

The only way you can make a Timesheet Manager a "Project Task" approver is to make the Timesheet Manager the Status Manager on those tasks in MSP.

Hope this helps.

Andre

http://av-epm.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:53 AM
  • Project Server time sheets works with two prime ways.

1. Normal Mode

2. Single Entry Mode

You can go to Server Settings > Time sheet Settings and Defaults in Time and Task management section and check at the bottom of your page that your timesheets are running in which mode.

If you have single entry mode configured then:

1. Timesheets has two kinds of tasks i.e. i) Tasks assigned to resources within differenct projects ii) Administrative tasks

2. The tasks for different projects will go to their Project Managers first for their approval as it also updates the Project Schedle

More information on how the task flow can be found at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg502586.aspx

Thank you, Abhijeet M. Mohite If the reply help you, mark it as your answer!!
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:47 AM
  • Hi

As I Understand your scenario is like this:

You have Timesheet Manager and Project Manager as two different people. In Server Setting/Timesheet Setting and Default there is a check box that enables you to have these two Processes independently: you can disable “Require line approval before Timesheet approval” Option…

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:56 AM