none
70-533

Question

• Hi,

I am planning to do azure certification for "Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions" 70-533.

From the course prerequisite, i could see that "Completed the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012."

so the question is, do i have to do complete MCSA certification before taking 70-533 certification.

OR 

We can directly take Azure 70-533 certification.

I am SCCM professional and have completed the certification for 70-243.

Please let me know

Thanks.

The Lightning Khan

Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:14 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can take 70-533 directly, without needing any other certification as a prerequisite.

This is general for all MS exams: you can always take any exam without needing any other previous exam. The reason why this sometimes causes confusion is because the description for a "larger" certification (such as one of the MCSEs) lists several exams that need to be passed in order to take the certification. Some of these exams give you a "lower level" certification (such as an MCSA), and then you add more exams and get a "higher level" certification. Thus, the "high level" appears to have the "lower level" as a prerequisite. But the exams themselves are not "locked": you can take the ones assigned to the higher level even if you have not taken those for the lower level. It's just that you won't receive the higher level certification until you complete the exams for the lower level, but the order in which you take the exams is not restricted.

Saturday, September 3, 2016 6:41 AM

All replies

• Yes, you can take 70-533 directly, without needing any other certification as a prerequisite.

This is general for all MS exams: you can always take any exam without needing any other previous exam. The reason why this sometimes causes confusion is because the description for a "larger" certification (such as one of the MCSEs) lists several exams that need to be passed in order to take the certification. Some of these exams give you a "lower level" certification (such as an MCSA), and then you add more exams and get a "higher level" certification. Thus, the "high level" appears to have the "lower level" as a prerequisite. But the exams themselves are not "locked": you can take the ones assigned to the higher level even if you have not taken those for the lower level. It's just that you won't receive the higher level certification until you complete the exams for the lower level, but the order in which you take the exams is not restricted.

Saturday, September 3, 2016 6:41 AM
  • you can take.

Also for your reference -

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/d92e35ae-e197-4199-a135-6bc21e56a125/azure-certification-70532-and-70533-preparation-tips?forum=windowsazuredata

Regards, S_NO "_"

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 3:31 AM