Windows XP says that my computer is illegal RRS feed

• Question

• My Windows XP Professional says that my computer is an illegal copy. Which it sure isn't because I got this from my uncle and it didn't say that it was an illegal copy for the first few years that I had it.
    Friday, April 3, 2009 4:19 AM

Answers

• Morning Schuylar,

Thank you for posting in the OGA Forum :-).  First we need you to run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with the actual results back in this thread. Please located the announcement @ the top of the forum Please Run The Microsoft Diagnostic Tool First".  You will find detailed steps for running the MGA Diagnostic Tool and pasting the results back in the thread. 

Curious where did your uncle purchase Windows XP Professional from? Please ask him. Maybe he purchased it from an online auction, local shop or other means. Also please compare your XP Professional disc and the Certificate of Authenticity "COA" against others on http://www.howtotell.com. Did your uncle give you the COA sticker also? 

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:25 PM
    Friday, April 3, 2009 6:34 PM