HomeSeer Installation help? RRS feed

• Question

•  Is there anyone out there that has installed HomeSeer on WHS? I just want a simple guide to how it was installed and maybe basic configuration. I've combed the internet, and people have said they did it, but not how they did it. and I'd also like to see how people have configured web access for it as well as running it as a service. Please, someone help me out? I love this server and this HomeSeer software would be the crowning jewel of my home Server.

thanks in advance

Michael
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:46 PM

All replies

• michaelreed said:

Is there anyone out there that has installed HomeSeer on WHS? I just want a simple guide to how it was installed and maybe basic configuration. I've combed the internet, and people have said they did it, but not how they did it. and I'd also like to see how people have configured web access for it as well as running it as a service. Please, someone help me out? I love this server and this HomeSeer software would be the crowning jewel of my home Server.

thanks in advance

Michael

Michael

Looks like this software would be better running of a client since it does not even support WHS. On their site Here it says it only supports 2000, XP and Vista. Maybe just use the sever for remote access a client .  There are also Add in's with  MSI files that work in the WHS console Here if that is what you are looking for.

Mark G.
    • Proposed as answer by Lunker 1 Thursday, October 30, 2008 6:03 PM
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 5:57 PM
  • I don't want to run it on a client pc because I already have a WHS that runs 24/7.  plus there are alot of people that have already done this, and say it works great, but none of them say how they did it.  It just makes sense to me to have one server that does backups, records my tv (sagetv), and runs my household.  I wanted homeseer in particular because it takes voice commands.  I'm just looking for a step by step of how others have installed homeseer.  I know it can be done, I just don't know how.
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:15 PM
  • Michael, given that Homeseer doesn't explicitly support Windows Home Server, you may have to just try it and see if you can get it working. I wouldn't advise doing so on the home server you use for your family, though; set up a test server to experiment with.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, October 31, 2008 5:20 PM