intallation problems RRS feed

• Question

• First of all the intallation cannot boot from the DVD copy I made. 

when I look for the setup.exe file of the QS.exe file and double click. It completes the extraction but just when it is beginning to install,  I get this message " End-User Licence Agreement files missing. Installation cannot continue". When I click ok, the installation stops.

I need help as I have been trying to install for days.

thanks!

Friday, March 16, 2007 3:02 AM

Answers

• Rasino,

The following is posted on Connect about problems with Installation Media:

- Use a CRC check utility to verify the ISO file you downloaded was not corrupted. We post the CRC value for each ISO on Connect. You can find a lot of free CRC utils on the web if you do not have one. This is a CRC32 Checksum (Meaning it was generated using the CRC32 algorithm).

- Do not burn your DVDs at "maximum" write speed. Use a lower speed setting in your DVD burning software to reduce the risk of errors.

- Use a DVD burning software package that supports verification (e.g. DO NOT use dvdburn.exe). If you use Nero, make sure you turn on the data verify option on the page before you start the burn.

- Use high quality DVD media that is matched to your DVD writer and reader.

- Make sure your machine has at least 512MB RAM. WinPE 2.0 in the mode we use it in (WIM) requires something well north of 256MB and will fail in obscure ways if there is not enough memory.

- Check that the BIOS in your server is the most recent. In some cases, a PC will not boot any WinPE 2.0 based disk (including Vista RTM) until the the BIOS is upgraded.

If this does not help, Installation Media can be ordered on the Connect website, but it does cost money.

Friday, March 16, 2007 3:17 AM

All replies

• Rasino,

The following is posted on Connect about problems with Installation Media:

- Use a CRC check utility to verify the ISO file you downloaded was not corrupted. We post the CRC value for each ISO on Connect. You can find a lot of free CRC utils on the web if you do not have one. This is a CRC32 Checksum (Meaning it was generated using the CRC32 algorithm).

- Do not burn your DVDs at "maximum" write speed. Use a lower speed setting in your DVD burning software to reduce the risk of errors.

- Use a DVD burning software package that supports verification (e.g. DO NOT use dvdburn.exe). If you use Nero, make sure you turn on the data verify option on the page before you start the burn.

- Use high quality DVD media that is matched to your DVD writer and reader.

- Make sure your machine has at least 512MB RAM. WinPE 2.0 in the mode we use it in (WIM) requires something well north of 256MB and will fail in obscure ways if there is not enough memory.

- Check that the BIOS in your server is the most recent. In some cases, a PC will not boot any WinPE 2.0 based disk (including Vista RTM) until the the BIOS is upgraded.

If this does not help, Installation Media can be ordered on the Connect website, but it does cost money.

Friday, March 16, 2007 3:17 AM
  • I had several problems with the installation to an older Gateway machine.  All inolved file errors from the DVD.  I created different DVD's and downloaded the iso several times all with multiple errors.  I then tried a different PC and Virtual PC 2007 and had no errors with the same media.  It appears that the installation is not compatible with some older computers. 

Good Luck,

Don

Friday, March 16, 2007 11:10 PM
  • Thanks to all who tried to help. I finally was able to make a bootable copy and able to install to the very last point where it is verifying installation. The error message is that at least one driver failed to start/ or install I guess but I think I am right on target to experience this new WHs.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 6:41 PM
  • I also had a problem with installation, but it turned out that it was not associated with Installation Media.  As KowZ suggested at the end, I had to upgrade BIOS before I could proceed with WHS installation.  The confusing part was that the old BIOS (Phoenix 3.06) had an option to boot from CD / DVD, but when I selected it my system did not even try to read installation DVD.  The upgrade (Phoenix 3.24) solved the problem.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:47 AM
  • Did you install and additional drivers during the installation process? Some members have had to manually load drivers during two different sections of the installation process, first very early on in the graphical phase, and later in text mode phase, or do I have it backwards? Anyway, you mentioned that a driver failed to load, so I wanted to see if you were aware some are required to manually provide SATA drivers. There are threads which discuss this, just do a search on SATA drivers and loads of posts will come up. Good luck,

Seree

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 8:20 PM