Validation not working RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I run this program I get the screen saying that the validation is running, then shortly afterwards the browser screen goes blank and nothing else happens. I cannot then get any further with updating Windows XP. I am sure that I have a proper license for XP.
    Monday, April 28, 2014 12:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Unfortunately, Windows XP has been retired and is no longer supported by Windows Update.  Please see: What does it mean if Windows isn't supported?

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:16 AM
  • Carey is incorrect.

Windows XP is still supported by the WIndows Update service - but no new updates will be created.

You MUST use Internet Explorer for accessing Windows Update - no other browser will work.

Please post your MGADiag report.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Friday, May 2, 2014 8:42 AM
  • What do you think "but no new updates will be created" means?  It means Windows XP is a huge security risk if no future security updates are available for Windows XP.  Advocating for the continued usage of an unsupported operating system is very poor advice!

Carey Frisch

Monday, May 5, 2014 2:44 PM
  • Some people don't have a viable alternative to continued use of XP, Carey - for whatever reason.

Where did you see me advocating its use? - I was actually trying to respond toe the OP's problem, rather than attempting to sell him a piece of software that he may not be able to use.

...and it still doesn't change the fact that XP is still supported by Windows Update (AS ARE WINDOWS 98 and ME - albeit to more limited extents)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:33 PM