• Question

• How about adding per day user activity statistics like

1. Questions asked
    2. Number of replies
    3. Number of answers
    Thanks,
    A.m.a.L
    .Net Goodies
    Remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a correct reply to your question
    • Moved by Sheng Jiang 蒋晟 Friday, January 6, 2012 8:39 PM (From:Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums)
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 11:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Oh.

Just to elaborate more on this topic since its already been opened rather than start a new one.

*In addition you could add a points system and rank each member of the forum just like all other forums.*
    --didnt know it already existed.

For each posts you make you get points (obv you would have an anti spam detection mechanism in there to prevent spam posts) hence would couarge more people to use this forum. And encourage more people to help each other.

And also make this forum easier to access, market this forum abit more.

I didnt even knew this exists at the first place & it didnt come up on google first page when i ty[e the following search terms:

• c++ forums
    • c# forums
    • visual basic forums
    • .net forums
    Cheers
    Monday, June 1, 2009 7:46 AM
  • Took a few years, but your Answers, Helpful Posts, and Replies are now numbered (as well as your total Activities).
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 6:21 AM
    Owner
  • We still don't have statistics as how many questions asked (e.g. threads started).
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:11 AM
  • We still don't have statistics as how many questions asked (e.g. threads started).

My blog

True. If anyone wants that feature, please add it to the Feature Requests Wiki article. Ping me if you want a link to that article.

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:36 AM
    Owner
  • Ping :)
    My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:41 PM
  • The data is there, it's just not exposed since we are trying to highlight the key stats that help establish trust. I could start a lot of questions/threads but that doesn't establish anything significant. It would be easy to expose, just not sure if the value is there. Feel free to correct me. :)

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:44 PM
  • We have a lot of choices around things we 'could' show. We want to show the most valuable and useful info to help users gauge each other's overall high level contribution.  The number of questions asked didn't seem to align directly enough to this goal. 

Can someone explain what value there would be in exposing the number of questions asked? It would help to get this in terms of 'it will enable x user type to understand y which will help them accomplish z' sort of explanation.    

Community Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:49 PM
  • Ping :)
    My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

You win!!!

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4703.feature-requests-for-technet-and-msdn-profiles-and-social-platform-tools.aspx

That's the link to add any Feature Requests for Forums, Profiles, etc.

Thanks!

Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:33 AM
    Owner
  • We have a lot of choices around things we 'could' show. We want to show the most valuable and useful info to help users gauge each other's overall high level contribution.  The number of questions asked didn't seem to align directly enough to this goal. 

Can someone explain what value there would be in exposing the number of questions asked? It would help to get this in terms of 'it will enable x user type to understand y which will help them accomplish z' sort of explanation.    

Community Forums Program Manager

I agree with both of you (Brent and Sean) that this is not all that helpful. We already have a list of "My Threads" right? It's more helpful to find the questions I've asked than to have the total number.

Let's talk solutions to how to get a list of the questions I've asked (this same desire exists for TechNet Wiki articles you author):

#1: What about filtering My Threads by my asked questions? http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/user/threads?user=Ed%20Price%20-%20MSFT

#2: Zero dollar solution: What about creating and evangelizing a process where the Asker assigns their own threads to themselves? The key problem there is that a thread can only be assigned to one person at a time.

#3: What about automatically assigning threads to the askers (until they remove themselves or mark a question as answered)? Same key problem... it would have to allow more than one person to be assigned to a thread.

#4: Just build a new link on the right with a new list of asked questions only.

I'm actually thinking #2 and then #4 when it's available. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:51 AM
    Owner
  • Number may be just an interesting (say, I can use it as a percentage of asked questions vs. somebody's else questions), but more importantly, of course, to be able to see these threads (which I started).

My blog
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:48 AM
  • I was thinking that I win means that feature is being implemented! I glanced through that WiKi article and didn't see it even in the requests. I believe I did add a request for better threads filtering and My Favorites before.

My blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:22 PM