none
Trying to compile 1st Android app RRS feed

• Question

• I created a new project called android1 using Cross Platform, Basic Application, (Android Ant). It's a simple "Hello World app. I am running on a win 10 pro system using the Community edition of the Studio. I am having trouble getting it to compile to a connected ZTE phone (or to an android simulator). 

The start button says "Android_accelerated_x86_Nougat (offline). When I click it  I get a message saying "Waiting for Emulator" and it just stays there. 

What needs to change to be able to compile and debug this? 

PickyBiker

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi PickyBiker,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, it seems your issue is more relates to the Cross-Platform development. Since our forum is to discuss the VS Installation issues, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.xamarin.com/ to seek for a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Meanwhile, as far as I know it will very slow to run the x86 emulator except opening the Quick boot in the canary channel. Please have a look at this similar issue and try to install the Visual Studio Emulator for Android or disable Hyper-V to check this doc. Hope those information will useful for your issue and for more detail information, you can go to the above Xamarin forum to get a more professional support.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 8, 2018 6:40 AM
  • Okay, thank. I will post over at that forum.

Best,

Mike

PickyBiker

Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:04 PM