none
Vista 32 bits to Vista 64 bits RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I'm the owner of a (genuine) Windows Vista Ultimate OEM copy.

The supplied DVD only contains the 32 bits version of Vista.

Everything is fine but I'd like to be able to use the all 4 GB of RAM I put in my machine.

I'd like to know two things:

• Is the license also available for the genuine 64 bits version of Vista ?
    • Where to get the DVD containing the 64 bits release ?

Please, don't tell me I need to buy another OEM license for the 64 bits or maybe really should I ?

Thanks in advance,

Rgds from Belgium

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• OEM versions of Windows Vista are only sold as either a 32-bit version or a 64-bit version.  If you desire a 64-bit version of Windows Vista, you'll have to purchase a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 8:57 PM
  • Thanks for the information, Carey

Rgds

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 8:57 PM

"OEM versions of Windows Vista are only sold as either a 32-bit version or a 64-bit version.  If you desire a 64-bit version of Windows Vista, you'll have to purchase a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista."

Why don't we get a special discount like for free, for having to buy a 64 bits version because, a 32 bits was installed instead of 64 for no good reason and, we didn't have a choice on the version or, either the user interface language.
    All of it because it was the only package offered.

Please don't tell me have to pay for not having the liberty to choose what I wanted from the place I bought my lap top...

It would be a rip off!!

Yours trully 

René Gagnon
    Thursday, November 8, 2007 9:08 PM
  •  gagnon wrote:

"OEM versions of Windows Vista are only sold as either a 32-bit version or a 64-bit version.  If you desire a 64-bit version of Windows Vista, you'll have to purchase a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista."

Why don't we get a special discount like for free, for having to buy a 64 bits version because, a 32 bits was installed instead of 64 for no good reason and, we didn't have a choice on the version or, either the user interface language.
    All of it because it was the only package offered.

Please don't tell me have to pay for not having the liberty to choose what I wanted from the place I bought my lap top...

It would be a rip off!!

Yours trully 

René Gagnon

OEM versions of Windows Vista are only sold as either a 32-bit version or a 64-bit version.  If you desire a 64-bit version of Windows Vista, you'll have to purchase a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista.

Friday, November 9, 2007 6:20 PM
  • I have windows XP home edtion and I want to upgrate to windows vista but I don't know if I have 32 or 64 bits can help me thanks

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 2:30 AM
  • Windows XP Home Edition was produced only as a 32-bit operating system.  Therefore, you'll need a 32-bit upgrade version of Windows Vista.  Make sure to run the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradeadvisor.mspx

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:30 PM